Council decision - next step
The Draft Local Development Plan for Rokeby Road South was considered by Council at its meeting held on 23 June 2020.
At the meeting, Council resolved the following:
1. Pursuant to Schedule 2, Part 6 – Local Development Plans of the Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015, the draft Rokeby Road South Local Development Plan (Attachment 1) is prepared and publicly advertised concurrently with the draft Rokeby Road Streetscape Masterplan for a minimum of 28 days.
2. In relation to the draft Rokeby Road South Local Development Plan, pursuant to clauses 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 of State Planning Policy 7.3 Residential Design Codes Volume 2 – Apartments, Western Australian Planning Commission approval is sought to:
a. amend or replace the acceptable outcomes for the following sections of the Residential Design Codes Volume 2 – Apartments;
- 3.3 Tree canopy and deep soil areas;
- 3.5 Visual privacy;
- 3.9 Car and bicycle parking;
- 4.4 Private open space and balconies;
- 4.7 Managing the impact of noise; and
- 4.12 Landscape design.
b. to augment the Residential Design Codes Volume 2 – Apartments with objectives to guide judgement about the merits of proposals relating to the following aspects of apartment development required by local context:
- Vertical Land Use Permissibility; and
- Movement Network - Laneway Widening. The provisions proposed to be amended or replaced will be subject to further Council consideration before they are finalised and come into effect.
A full copy of the minutes of the meeting, the Council report and attachments are now available on the City’s website.
The draft Local Development Plan will be advertised concurrently with the Draft Streetscape Masterplan for Rokeby Road South.
Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact the City’s Planning Services on email@example.com or call (08) 9237 9222.