- Arts and cultural facilities, services and networks such as, libraries, museums, theatres, art gallery, art groups and networks
- Community spaces such as, community centres and meeting spaces
- Education and training facilities such as, schools, colleges and training academies
- Emergency and safety facilities and services such as, police, ambulance, fire and rescue service
- Health and wellbeing facilities and services such as, hospitals, medical centres/clinics, general practice
- Multicultural facilities and services such as, places of worship and spiritual gathering places
- Parks and open spaces such as, local parks, playgrounds and reserves
- Sport and recreation facilities, services and networks such as sporting clubs and associations, aquatic centres, recreation centres, sports facility
- Support and connection services and networks such as those for the elderly, young people, children, as well as groups with special needs such as families, people with a disability, indigenous and culturally diverse people
What is Social Infrastructure?
Social infrastructure describes facilities that accommodate and deliver services, including diverse social networks for the community that maintain and improve the standard of living and quality of life. Social Infrastructure includes facilities, services, networks and spaces that are used by our community. e.g schools, parks, libraries, community centres, hospitals, etc.
Social infrastructure for this study includes:
Why is the Social Infrastructure Report and Inventory project important
The City is being proactive in planning for the future of our community to ensure we all have access to appropriate social infrastructure. The Social Infrastructure Report and Inventory will assist the City to priortise and plan for our community.
What is the City’s role?
The City is funding the Social Infrastructure Report and Inventory project and working together with consultants to prepare these.
Where can I go for more information?
Please contact the City’s Project Manager for the Social Infrastructure Report and Inventory on 9237 9222 or email email@example.com